Wireless Dealers and missing out on the $23.9 billion spent in the U.S. in 2016 on repair and replacement of broken smartphones.
Problem: Loss of foot traffic - Loss of revenue - Negative customer experience
- Today, wireless dealers are having to turn away customers since they do not do repairs or provide a repair solution. They are losing foot traffic and repeat customer business impacting revenue.
Wireless dealers that have considered getting into the repair business realize the complexities of the business. Just a few examples of things that need to be considered:
Supply Chain Management
There are over 1,100 factories in China that manufacture repair parts for the industry.
- They have widely varied quality and rating systems
- Many US distributors will buy from these factories and not have indicators when a trusted factory makes changes to production
- Quality is further impacted by Chinese holidays, government intervention and major OEM factories flooding the market with overruns
- There are over 1,100 factories in China that manufacture repair parts for the industry.
- Supply Chain Management
Training correctly is cumbersome and expensiveEffective training takes 4 to 6 weeks
- Requires a lot of hands on and content investment to be effective
- New product launches are rapid
- There is no industry standard to train or certify a mobile repair technician
- Training correctly is cumbersome and expensiveEffective training takes 4 to 6 weeks
- Right tools – makes the job easier and OEM specific
- ESD is critical
- Ergonomics for tech productivity
- Wireless dealers, that provide customers a repair solution, most often ship the customers’ devices off for repair, which takes about 2 to 3 weeks to turnaround. It’s a tremendous inconvenience. Providing this level of customer service negatively impacts the relationship with the customer.
Solution and ROI
Increased foot traffic – New revenue stream – Positive customer experience
- Staymobile provides wireless dealers 3 new revenue streams, which positively impact foot traffic, customer engagement and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Local Repair and/or Expedited Repair Shipping Model
- Stand-alone Staymobile warranty
Staymobile bundle: Case + Protection sold as an accessory in your store
- Bundle includes Cell Phone Case (on certain models) + Tempered Glass + 3 Year Never Pay Guarantee covering drops and spills
- Staymobile provides a repair solution by eliminating the need for the wireless dealer to invest in its own technicians while still providing local repair service and /or quick turn times on shipping.
- Staymobile partners with enterprise clients and wireless dealers in local markets by providing pick up and return service on broken devices.
- Staymobile provides quick turn times with overnight or two-day shipping of devices into a Staymobile location.
- Wireless customers enter the store with an issue and it’s resolved in store. Customers are not turned away from the store, which when they do turns into a lost visit and lost revenue.
For those dealers who are interested in providing their own local repair service:
- Staymobile can provide necessary technical training and supply chain management.
- Staymobile works with many partners with large volume building out and providing a store within a store model – repair area in stores often less than 200 sq. ft. of space, which means very little is given up as a ratio to its returns.
- Dana Bahlinger, Vice President, Business Development
- 1850 Parkway Place, 7th Floor
- Marietta, GA 30067
- Mobile: 678-879-2484